Friday, July 22, 2011

Time to Commit!!!

I am performing an experiment on my family. Probably not a smart idea but doing it non the less. I declared a family boot camp week yesterday. no tv, no computer games, video games, etc. for one whole week. We are ONE day in to it and I feel like my head is going to explode and so are my children. It is absolutely incredible to me how much electronics have gotten in the way. We are so used to turning on a favorite tv show or allowing our kids to play video games or text on their cell phones as long as they like simply because it gets them to be quiet and we get a small break. I am as guilty as the next guy on this one.

I have attempted to implement little rules (no table texting!, no TV today!, no movie until your chores are done!) unfortunately I am severely lacking in the follow through department. what happens if they text at the table? I make a joke about it later, what happens if they get loud on no TV day? I turn on a favorite show. what happens if they don't get the chores done? I turn on the movie anyway. With 6-7 children running in and out of our house at any given time it is extremely hard for me to keep track!

Today is a new day. I have made a decision to change this behavior. It is necessary for my sanity. I'm not sure how I will do it but I'll do it. I am commiting to 52 Weekends Together. I am commiting to follow through. All of the books in the 52 Weekends Together Series are nearly completely and will be hitting Amazon soon. After that I have many plans on how to help you (and me) keep this commitment. I am excited to take this trip with you and learn a million new things along the way! Good Luck to you all (and to me!) Let me know your triumphs and your failures as you go (it will help me fell not so bad!) I look forward to this coming year. August 2011 to August 2012 (or whenever you choose to start). Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment